Thursday, May 31, 2012

TRIPPING OUT ON YARD ART

Ever since our beautiful blue spruce tree succumbed to the heat and a fungus last summer, I've had the idea that our bottle tree needs a companion piece of folk art--and now we have it!  I am proud to unveil my latest ridiculous project, showing some of our favorite places to visit. It's a one-of-a-kind piece of work, for sure!








This masterpiece was a joint creation.  Big Bore sawed up the boards from recycled scraps.  I slapped on the paint.  And Sweet Neighbor Girl assisted with the final construction, handing BB signs and screws while I stood back and directed placement.  

"Oh, it's just as I envisioned!" I proudly announced. 

Now, all it needs is some weathering so it will go from looking crappy to REALLY crappy!  A stuffed crow might also look nice on the top sign.  If you have any great ideas, send them my way.

Viva la art!


1 comment:

Nancy Evans said...

Thank-you, M2. You know that is was YOUR bottle tree that inspired me in the first place!