Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MAY BASKET!!! 2012 STYLE

Our little burg is getting SO with it.  Not only did I attend a Fashion Show/Salad Luncheon benefit over the weekend, but last night was the BEST of all:  a May Basket-making party at the greenhouse!!! Oh, be still my excited heart!

Sweet Neighbor Girl and I had been foaming at the bit about this astute occasion for several days, already having colored our Part A templates I'd picked up last week at the greenhouse.  And when Trouble #1 heard all about it, he wanted to go, too, so I whipped him up a template, he colored it, got permission to join the fray, and away we went.

Everyone manning the work stations happened to be former students of mine, so that was fun and I tried to be the most needy May Basket maker ever. This design is not my usual May Basket, but I liked it.  The only thing I will do differently next time is NOT to select green for my paper tissue flower. This one looks like a lime head of lettuce!  

After we got our May Baskets made, we had cookies and punch, Sweet Neighbor Girl and I picked out a REAL basket with REAL petunias to take home to her mom, while Trouble #1 talked with the greenhouse parrot and picked out what he wants for his birthday. Excitement for all.  Today I'll be distributing the type of May Basket I learned how to make in first grade...filled with candy, not heads of lettuce.

May every May 1st be filled with May Baskets!!!

No comments: