Monday, September 29, 2008

PIKE'S PEAK OR BUST


The Flaming Bore has returned from Colorado and will be posting vacation pictures this week. At the top of Pike's Peak, the temperature was 26 degrees, wind chill 17 degrees. We rode the cog rail train to the summit--none of this "driving the car up and biting nails at every switchback business" for the Bores. (Do you notice what's wrong with me in this picture? First person to correctly guess wins a Popsicle stick.)

Here is a picture taken from a window of the cog rail train on the way up to the summit:

Here is what the world looks like from 14,000+ feet:


Here's Big Bore and me looking oxygen deprived. Suck up that thin air and smile!

Tomorrow: our cabin

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally, somewhere colder than teh frozen tundra. For once, the frozen tundra sounds tropical. That is sooo pretty!! I bet you two lovebirds had an amazing time. And what happened to your other glove in picture 1??

Unknown said...

oopps that the, not teh. kenley is helping me type and she is doing a marvelous job!

Sarah said...

It is the glove. but Tara already beat me too it. ;) I am glad you had a great time. I love all the photos, keep them comming.

dr. maureen said...

i noticed the missing R glove in first pick---but why the heck NO gloves in the other pic???

glad you are back safe/sane/sound

Sarah said...

He goes to ElDorado, and there is always room for more mums. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think you were just having a Michael Jackson moment!!

That may be the same sign I saw first in 1954 and that is for sure the same cog railway!! It's the car for me, thanks. Jan Hamilton runs up to the summit!!

So glad you are back. Get to the hot tub pics! It was so Boring while you were gone, no pun intended.

Jaime said...

Looks like it was a great time!!! Dang! Talk about skipping Fall & jumping right into winter, though! I'm also glad you were able to retrieve the missing glove! Otherwise, you might have came back home w/ one less hand, due to frostbite!!

Nancy Evans said...

Ah, Diva, you know darn well that what happens in the hot tub stays in the hot tub. Yikes! Jan Hamilton is a machine.