Monday, January 11, 2010

CURSES

Well, Dr. Maureen and I are in a Blue Funk today because our Jayhawks lost their first game of the season yesterday and it is all our fault. Her husband Scott and she had journeyed from North Carolina to neighboring Knoxville, Tennessee to watch the game in person, which meant no crazed cursing like she does in the privacy of her own home. I suspect Scott refuses to bail her out of any profanity-related public mischief. At the same time, I had promised Big Bore that I would try my best to be a lady and refrain from spewing naughty words at the TV, just to proved that I am capable of not being a raging maniac during a game. Well, guess what all this self control managed to do? We lost the f---ing game, that’s what! Believe me, this will never happen again! When KU plays Nebraska Wednesday, you can bet that I’m going to go back to my obnoxious game plan, and I guarantee you that Dr. M. will be doing likewise!

3 comments:

dr. maureen said...

you bet your sweet a@@ i will be cussing...

Nancy Evans said...

Damn right!

Bishops' Blog said...

So, all my visions of you cursing in front of the TV last night were wrong!! I kept telling Jon, "Oh, Nancy is not going to like this She is cussing up a storm, I bet."

Guess I would have lost that bet. :)