Friday, January 1, 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN


My New Year’s Resolutions for 2009 have been kept on the refrigerator door the past year, ten nagging reminders of what I needed to get off my butt and accomplish in 365 days. Here are the ones I kept:

#2--Get new windows and central air for the house. That one was easy, except for writing out the checks. Agony.

#5--Take a class in something artsy/craftsy. Even though I flunked working with stained glass, I’m counting this resolution as completed. After all, I did take the class. No one said I had to be good at it.

#6--No surgery. Hooray!! This was my most important resolution, since I’m running out of removable body parts.

#10--Get all my loose pictures in albums or manila envelopes. Mission accomplished. Now, if I can just find the space for my 43 photo albums….

The other six resolutions remain to be achieved, so I’m holding them over for 2010 and adding four new ones. One will be to have no surgery for two years in a row. The remaining three new ones are being rolled around in my addled brain at this time. I asked Big Bore for some suggestions and he immediately said, “Learn how to fasten Zip Lock bags properly.” I am Zip Lock challenged. My idea of “locking” is to fold over the top of the bag and stuff it in the refrigerator. This drives him bonkers, but it works for me.

When I get my resolutions for 2010 completed you’ll be the first to know. Perhaps downing a bowl of black-eyed peas will inspire me. Right now I’m suffering from a “Glee” hangover. More on that tomorrow.

 

1 comment:

Bishops' Blog said...

I too am Ziplock challenged. I have to buy the ones with the slider. :)
Yet, even these sometimes are too difficult to handle, so I just eat everything, ensuring no need for storage of leftovers.