Friday, January 8, 2010

HANGING BETTY


I wrote Wednesday that Mama Bore was not able to take many of her possessions to her new living quarters. She has been a collector over the years: large ceramic roosters, angels, and Betty Boop items. They are everywhere! Sadly, there is no room in the inn for all her knick-knacks, but I have discovered a way to bring some of them to her, after all, thanks to inspiration from our local Garden Club.

I gathered up some of her Betty figurines and brought them home with me last week. I made some red bows, bought some glittery red hearts and a plain wreath, loaded my trusty glue gun, and went to work. In no time--boop-boop-a-doop! Mama Bore now has a Betty Boop wreath she can put on her door or on a wall, out of the way, but still around for her to see as best she can. I will take it to her next time I journey to Pittsburg, hopefully next week if the weather warms up.

I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.

No comments: