Monday, January 4, 2010

RESOLUTION ROAD

Here it is January 4th and I still haven't come up with my 9th and 10th New Year's Resolutions. Big Bore thinks I should have something like: "No screaming and swearing during KU basketball games," but I'm not about to attempt the impossible. Here's what I have so far:

1. Get weight back down to 135. (Of course, I’ve had this same resolution ever since Big Bore moved into Casa de la Flaming Bore in 2006 and started cooking for an army.)

2. Log daily exercising in a notebook

3. Read a biography a month (carried over from 2009 since I bombed it)

4. Go two years in a row w/o surgery

5. Get a new basement door before the current one caves in

6. Get Tegretol back down to 600 mg a day--totally beyond my control, but possible

7. Get kitchen finished

8. Get new flooring of some sort in bedroom and then keep the cats OUT

9.
10.
I will keep cogitating over what to add for the last two. I'm sure I'll think of something, but it's so hard to improve upon perfection. :)

3 comments:

dr. maureen said...

how about go to Indianapolis in march to (hopefully) see our team cut down the nets?????!!!!

that would definitely r/o stopping the cussing and screaming during basketball games.....

Nancy Evans said...

Hey, that sounds like a great idea, M2. Do you suppose Greyhound stops in Indianapolis? :) (I'd probably better not rely on a bus to get me there. I'd arrive 12 hours late and miss the game. Right?)

Sarah said...

I remember last year you have one that you were going to track all the miles you walked/biked...... Did you keep up with that?? I think that is an awesome idea..and I really need to do it to be inspired. ;) 135 is my goal too.