Saturday, January 2, 2010

GET DOWN TONIGHT

The yawning old folks at home weren’t sure they’d still be awake to greet 2010 the other night, but that was before we started playing the two “Glee” CDs we got for Christmas. It was time to party down! To Big Bore’s credit, he made it through half of a slow dance before retreating to his man chair, where he tapped his feet and hands to the music. That left the Flaming Bore to solo dance for two hours, which I didn’t mind too much. I had lots of experience being a wallflower when I was in high school.

So, I pranced around, doing goofball hand gestures and using a magnifying glass for my microphone. My best performance, by far, was to “Bust a Move”--7-1/2 minutes of booty-shaking, hip-gyrating mania. Sort of looked like a cat in heat, I suspect. Big Bore was amazed. He didn’t know a 60-year-old woman could move like that and still be breathing at the end of the song. I did come close to falling a few times, however, while doing spins. Thankfully, no video camera was nearby.

Our two Glee-ful CDs finally played out with 10 minutes to go before midnight. We found a TV channel that had the ball in New York City making its dive into the new year. 10-9-8.….we took a few slurps of wine and grape juice to greet 2010, exchanged a smooch, then headed to dreamland.

I’m glad New Year’s Eve only comes around once a year. One dance party every twelve months is about all the Bore family can handle.

(P.S. Thanks to Ken and Marilyn, Brooke and Sam, and Bill and Janet for providing the refreshments for our New Year’s Eve extravaganza and to Mary and Brandon for furnishing the tunes!)

1 comment:

Bishops' Blog said...

You did better than us, we finally headed to bed at 11:30. We flipped on the tvs in seperate beds,(due to kiddos needing help falling asleep) and just shouted, "Happy New Year" to each other through the walls. Maybe I should have picked up a Glee CD for myself to keep our groove goin. :)