Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A JEFF BY ANY OTHER NAME....


Jeff “Be Still My Heart” Bridges won a Golden Globe for best actor the other night, and I was in my living room applauding like crazy as his name was announced. I’ve had a movie screen crush on that quirky hunk of a man for close to 40 years, so I was happy to see him be recognized.

Back in the really old days, the other Jeff in and out of my life physically reminded me of the acting Jeff. Same height, same blue eyes, same brown hair, and, most of all, the same cocky smile and “who the hell cares” attitude.

There have been a few changes since 1979.

“What’s he have that I don’t have?” Big Bore laughed during the awards show. “Besides millions of dollars?”

“A flat stomach and a tuxedo,” I said. But I’ll give BB points for still having Jeff Bridges-like hair, salt and peppery now, and plenty of it, and the Jeff Bridges aversion to being clean-shaven. I gave him, the non-acting Jeff, an electric razor for Christmas in 2008, but it only gets used maybe once every ten days or so on the sides of his grizzly face.

Well, I don’t know where I’m going with this blog, other than to say I think I’ll bop down to the video store this afternoon and try to find a few Bridges movies to check out, starting with The Big Lebowski and The Fisher King. As it turns out, the Jeff living in the Bore household also thinks Jeff Bridges is a damned fine actor--even though he's no longer going to pass for his body double in my silly, starstruck eyes.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Jeff Bridges too :)