Tuesday, January 12, 2010

DEAL ME IN


I have a new addiction, and it doesn’t have anything to do with peanut butter. Since I enjoy watching Game Show Network, I got on its website over the weekend, played one round of Catch 21, and instantly got hooked. It’s a game of luck, speed, and eye/hand coordination. High scores are recorded for the day to compare oneself with the rest of the crazed world.

The best aspect of this game is that it doesn’t take very long to play, which is great since I have the attention span of a gnat. I can usually get through the deck of cards in less than a minute, which means I can squeeze in three games during a TV commercial instead of doing housework during such breaks.

Actually, I have a pact with myself that I cannot spend more time frivolously Catching 21 than I do spending on chores or volunteer work. My mental list of important things to do today is scrambling about in my brain, so I’m going to play ten games of 21 and then go bravely out into the world before my butt cements itself to this computer chair and I succumb to card fever. Aaaggghhhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Bishops' Blog said...

I force Jon to watch the Newlywed Game nightly on Game Show Network. Catch 21 follows right behind, and I too usually get sucked into keeping the tube on it.
They used to air this show called the Money List....Oh I loved that show. But, sadly I haven't seen them show any new episodes.