Sunday, February 28, 2010

A GEM OF AN IDEA


Last week at the monthly Garden Club meeting, one of the members demonstrated how to convert old bowling balls into yard art. I was soooo excited because I already had my old bowling ball in the backyard, but it didn’t look pretty and sparkly like the ones on display at the meeting. I couldn’t wait to get to the craft store, buy a bunch of blue and green glass gems, a tube of glue, and get started!!

A few days ago I got my supplies, brought my ol’ bowling ball inside, and here’s what I have done so far. It’s slow going, since the gems tend to slide around before the glue dries, and Big Bore can’t stand the glue smell--but this is going ever so much better than my stained glass lesson/fiasco of last year. I intend to have my project done in a week’s time, followed by an unveiling ceremony in the backyard. Drum roll, please! Da-dum!! Applause, applause.

I fear that I am now going to have to hit up area bowling alleys in search of old balls because I am a woman possessed. I can’t stop when I’m on a roll.

3 comments:

Kayle said...

Cool idea . . . .

dr. maureen said...

HEADLINE: Bowlers terrorized by LOL who wants their balls.......

Nancy Evans said...

Hey, Dr. M, I love the idea. Maybe I should send out flyers!!