Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TWO BLOW-HARDS

Old Big Bore and my even older brother-in-law Ken both had their birthdays in the past week, so I baked them a cake and we lit up a few candles to celebrate the auspicious occasion. They have 127 years between them. (I think that’s about 28 in dog years and 44 in cat years.)

When BB moved to Casa de la Flaming Bore 3-½ years ago, he was an old fuddy duddy who saw no reason to observe special days. Hrrumpphh! Well, he soon learned that his poopy attitude would not sit well with me. I don’t care if it’s just a cake and a card, birthdays are going to be recognized around here, even if we would rather be age 20 again. So, live with it! And he finally has. With gusto. Those candles were blown out in record time. Bring on the cake and ice cream !!

1 comment:

dr. maureen said...

i think i can feel all the hot air here on on the East Coast!