Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HOW DO I LOVE THEE?

When I got back from Pittsburg late yesterday afternoon, there were some surprises awaiting me. The first one I could smell....butterscotch haystacks! Hooray! I haven't had those crazy looking sweet treats in over a year. Yum-eeee! The next surprise I saw immediately when I stepped into the kitchen. The floor had been washed and waxed. It looked brand spanking new. I love it.

Big Bore had to direct me to the final surprise. "Go look at the refrigerator." We have a whole bunch of word magnets on it, and he'd changed some of them around to create two new poems--free verse--one about me and one about the cats. "Gee. I didn't know you were such a word master." I'm going to make an A+ English student out of him yet. And a lyric poet, at that.

There was one final surprise that he had nothing to do with: over two inches of rain!!! Hallelujah! That's the most we've had in one day this entire year. Maybe all the dry ponds out in the country will look happier now. Then I can celebrate...by eating butterscotch haystacks all day long!

Here's to you, Tuesday!

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

please send Jeff over to our house immediately!!!

Nancy Evans said...

Do you want him for his cleaning, cooking, or for a poetry reading?