Friday, May 23, 2008

IDLE AMERICAN


Geez--now that American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, and Survivor have had their big May finales, my list of reality show viewing has, boo-hoo, shrunk considerably. Big Bore is elated--especially after AI's show Wednesday night. He not-so-fondly calls it American Idiot, which I suppose isn't far off the mark. Anyone who watched the two-hour final spectacle (as in ME) just to see the last minute of the show, when the winner was announced, is, well, an idiot?


I justify watching such high drama, however, because I rarely watch daytime TV, other than, of course, Jeopardy!, and I have no other vices like smoking, drinking, and hanging out under street lamps at night, for which Big Bore is most grateful. Thank goodness The Bachelorette, Design Star, Last Comic Standing, and America's Got Talent are getting back into production. Without them, he wouldn't haven't anything to gripe and grumble about, and I certainly don't want his mouth to become idle and lose its edginess. Pass the remote! :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Reality TV is my guilty pleasure too. Jeremy hates it. ;) But yet he will linger in the room to catch parts of it.

Nancy Evans said...

YEAH---JEFF DIDN'T WATCH THE AI FINAL WITH ME, BUT THE NEXT DAY HE ASKED ME..."WELL, WHO WON?"

Anonymous said...

Don't forget The Mole and Top Chef!! I admit I did a bit of fast forwarding on the AI finale. I love my TIVO. Mole starts Monday, June 2. It is on at 10 pm here, so make it nine at your place, I think. It is on ABC. Course it is not nearly so nice since Anderson Cooper turned into a CNN news commi. I am so glad to see Bachlorette get her chance after the creep that didn't pick her. She was one lucky girl.