Tuesday, May 6, 2008

PLAY MONEY


Yesterday I received an official letter from the U.S. Dept. of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, titled "Understanding Your Economic Stimulus Payment." Hey, when it comes to receiving some extra cash, I understand that I'm mighty happy to receive it--even if it is likely borrowed money from China--and I also understand that I'll be mighty happy to spend it, as well.


The instant President Bush announced his big dollar giveaway, Big Bore and I decided that our "stimulus" money would be spent on a vacation to Colorado in September. The cabin in the mountains is already rented (pictured above). The packing list is underway. Soon, we'll be ready to go, go, go. Hope we can be patient and wait, wait, wait the four+ months until departure. We're already getting antsy to stimulate the economy.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how fun! What a great way to spend your extra cash.

Good luck waiting. You should have planned a cruise for July. ;)

Unknown said...

Hey, whats my log cabin doing on your blog?? JK. I wish. It looks so peaceful. You guys will have a great time. Just waiting is hardest part!!

Anonymous said...

When I sent in the extra ten grand I owed the Feds on income tax they informed me I would not be getting an economic stimulus check. But today I opened my mail and found a true bluebird. Charter Cable has credited my account with a surplus payment of $1,548.32!! Now my monthly bill is usually only $50, so this was quite generous of them.

Nancy Evans said...

Nothing like a surplus to cause you to kick up your heels! Don't spend it all in one place!!!