Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BAGGING IT

When we were at Rocky Mountain National Park a few weeks ago, our trip to the summit ended exactly the same as hundreds of others who'd made the high drive--in the souvenir shop, of course! Thin air creates fat billfolds. And this particular shop was jammed-crammed with just about everything--from "authentic Indian fine art" to not-so-authentic looking cutesy bears on socks, which I had a bear of a time passing up.

Our typical park shopping modus operandi is for Big Bore to hit up the maps department, in tribute to his old Boy Scout days, I suppose, while I gravitate to T-shirts and jewelry I don't need. We already have a panorama map of the park that takes up a good part of one wall in our laundry room, though, so this time BB stuck with me and our eyes soon zoomed in on the SAME item--shoulder bags!!!! Made-in-Nepal, wild, raggy shoulder bags that can be closed with a zipper OR with a wooden button latch that has a peace sign on it. Not only that, but there is a little pouch on the strap that can be securely closed with Velcro. Priced right at just $22.00, we HAD to have one to share. But which one? There were scads of them in a variety of colors. I couldn't make up my mind, so BB took charge and selected the lovely one pictured here.

I've already used the bag once on a shopping outing to the city, and Big Bore is taking it on a camping/wood cutting adventure later this week. Something tells me we should have forked out the money for two of them--and that those of you reading this blog are shaking your heads wondering what in the heck is wrong with us.

No comments: