Saturday, October 15, 2011

SPREADING AROUND MY DOUGH

Autumn is sales time for the local schools, and The Flaming Bore has made business deals with the Future Farmers, Band Club, and the Marshall Elementary PTO, the latter which offered up some scrumptious looking food products that I just HAD to have.

The mini tacos are always a nice treat, but what I REALLY go for every year is the cookie dough---big, 3-pound tubs of Gourmet Cookie Dough, as a matter of fact. I bought one of peanut butter and another one, snickerdoodle. Be still my sweet, fatty heart.

Now, I have never actually made cookies with this dough. I just dig in with a spoon and eat it raw!!! The shelf life is six months, frozen, but I try to stretch out my pig fest so I can make a tub last for two weeks. There's no warning label about eating raw dough, and I've never had to call 9-1-1 with a dough-induced stomach ache, so I just go for the gusto!

As I was out walking this afternoon, it crossed my mind that the healthier alternative would be to have Big Bore bake cookies with the dough, plop a marshmallow creme jack-o-lantern on each one, and use them to hand out to our trick-or-treaters. I haven't run this idea by him yet, but I think he'd be game since he's a true Galloping Gourmet in the kitchen.

Best case scenario, we won't have any trick-or-treaters and I can have what's left over.

No comments: