Thursday, October 20, 2011

THE SEARCH IS ON

Today's mission impossible assignment: find a pair of sunflower earrings that SHOULD be in the bathroom somewhere.

Sounds easy enough but the bathroom, small as it is, has one floor-to-ceiling cabinet and across from it is a wider cabinet with shelves underneath. Plenty of room for earrings to get separated and lost. I don't think I've worn this particular pair since my teaching days, which has been over five years ago, so this search may be a challenge.

When I taught, I had outfits and accessories for every holiday and occasion--several times over. After I retired, though, most of the clothes got relegated to a big plastic bin in the basement. The earrings, however, stayed upstairs--scattered in various containers in the bathroom. Why do I all the sudden so urgently need my sunflower earrings, you ask? Because tomorrow I am co-hostessing the monthly Garden Club meeting and I'm presenting a program on the sunflower, of course. A good speaker MUST be fashionably co-ordinated with her topic. Right?

Big Bore was kind enough to drag out my old clothing bin. I located my sunflower jumper in no time, washed it up, and will force myself to iron it later today--if the iron and ironing board are where I left them the last time they were put into service, maybe a year ago? I'm afraid the earrings are going to give me fits, though, and I'll end up spending way too much time looking for them when I could be doing something more resourceful, like cleaning up the cat upchuck I just sat down on or working on the Sudoku puzzle that keeps giving me fits.

I think I'll just file an All-Points Bulletin with the Missing and Exploited Cheap Jewelry Department here at Casa de la Flaming Bore and go back to bed.

1 comment:

Kayle said...

Well, since it's been 24 hours since I read this post - - my guess is you still haven't found the sunflower earrings!?