Wednesday, October 12, 2011

GRAND FINALE ROCK SHOW

To finish off our trip to Colorado, here are some rocks we would have brought home, if we could have. This stripey one below is my favorite.
I thought the colors were intersting in this next one.

Here's the rock at the Alluvial Fan that we named Jabba The Hut several years ago. There's a human Jabba somewhere in the background waving to you.

Next up are the Twin Owls. They loom over the northeast edge of Estes Park. We didn't come up with this name. The people of Estes have called this rocky protrusion Twin Owls for over a century, and crazy people who are young and fit actually climb it.

These rocks are close to the Twin Owls. I don't know if they have an official name. From various vantage points, they look much different.

Big Bore thinks this next rock looks like an ice cream sandwich. I think he was just hungry, because I don't get it--although the bush growing behind it gives it sort of a Don King look.

If we could have inconspicuously stuffed any of these rocks/boulders into Big Bore's back pack, believe me, they'd be resting in our yard right now! So long, Colorado!

No comments: