Thursday, October 23, 2008

BLOW ME OVER


Ten sure signs that old man winter is knocking at autumn’s door:


1. Our hammock has been rolled up and is ready to be put into storage. :(

2. The ferns and cactus have been brought inside.

3. The mums have lost their luster.

4. Big Bore has cleaned out the heater in the basement and checked the pilot light.

5. We’ve started raking leaves into mulch and compost piles.

6. I’ve dug out the stocking caps and gloves and, as usual, none of the gloves matched.

7. The squirrels are getting squirrelier.

8. I’m starting to mainline hot chocolate.

9. I’d rather drive to town than walk or ride the bike. To hell with outdoor exercise and saving on gas money. (Okay, so I did bundle up and walk 3 miles yesterday after it finally stopped raining, but I despised every cold and windy step of it!)

10. No more flip-flops!!!


Summer, I want you back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its getting winter like here too. Snow up north from here. Suppose to get some perhaps on Halloween weekend here. Its great weather for hot chocolate and indoor plant treatments. Stay warm on the praires.

Anonymous said...

Our leaves are brillant red though. We'e had two snows already and a hard freeze so all the plants are dead or inside. haven't turned the heat on yet but I do get a little cranky when it is 64 inside all day. Has been gorgeous outside though. Fall is my favorite time.