Thursday, October 30, 2008

HAPPY SORT-OF BIRTHDAY


A year ago tonight, Big Bore discovered poor, pathetic, cry baby Critter in our garage (see Jan. 11 blog)--our early Trick-or-Treat present. I can’t say that either one of us was too keen about adding a fourth cat to the household mix, but I have to admit that life around Case de la Flaming Bore wouldn’t be nearly as much fun if Critter wasn’t here to entertain us.

Since tough-looking Big Bore is really a Big Pushover in disguise, last night he bought two rotisserie chickens for the cats to share in honor of Critter’s so-called “birthday.” Mmmmmm-good! They each got their own plate and BB was the head server. Every once in a while, he sampled the goods himself, and I had dibs on part of the breast. Tender and juicy and plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week. Critter says she’s mighty glad she got dumped at our house last October. Living here has been a real treat.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ya know a cute little gray kitten has been hangin around our house the last few weeks. We haven't been feeding her or anything, but she looks well taken care of so we will probably just let her hang out if she wants. We already have 3 and just can't handle any more critters (even though I would love lots more)

Happy Birthday!

dr. maureen said...

i used to give my guys each a can of sardines in their Christmas stockings. they loved the stinky things---now i just give treats.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite BLOG entries. Have you read the new book Dewey? Dewey looks just a little like Critter and has one wonderful story to tell. I love the idea of sardines in the stocking too. The tiger kittens we used to dress up in doll clothes were my last cats. My mother found out that the rash all over me was a cat allergy. I have to meet cat people out for coffee which is too bad as my little doxie loves them--course he'd like to get friendly with skunks, baby coyotes and jack rabbits four times his size too. His best friend is a Bernase Mountain Dog. That guy is bigger than me and eats more too. What a great thing for BB to bring home dinner for everyone to celebrate. You should keep him, and I don't mean only Critter.

Nancy Evans said...

You know that doxies DO love anyone and anything. Even my ex's dox liked me, or at least liked the attention. The doxie bark makes my ear go wacky, though. Haven't seen the Dewey book. Will have to check on it. Sorry you're allergic to cats :(