Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BAD MEDICINE


(Warning: If you think that Dr. Phil McGraw is the savior of all mankind, do not read any further.)

Lately I’ve received several emails with a fun little Christmas holiday survey to pass along. It has questions like: Is your Christmas tree real or artificial? Do you have a nativity scene in your house? What was your worst Christmas present ever?

Well, it was easy to answer that last question. My absolute, without a doubt, worst Christmas gift ever was a book written by Dr. Phil, given to me by my younger sister about ten years ago. Aaaggghhh! I hate Dr. Phil. He is a pompous, self-aggrandizing boorish blow-hard. Just because I enjoy reading does not mean I would want a book by Oprah’s smarmy psychological guru.

My sister and I have very little common ground, so I figured the book was supposed to serve as an innuendo (or maybe a big, blatant, balding statement) that without her and Phil’s advice, I might not be able to survive in the world.

Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas gift? That was another question on the email survey. At first, I responded: Yes, the Dr. Phil book. But then I decided that giving it to a trash can didn't count. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too hate the crome domb shrink. He is a "personality" and my therapist is much better.Remember, Oprah met him in Texas during her trial and he was the man who helped pick the jury. Kinda a sleazy profession if you ask me. His wife may irritate me even more. YOU through a book away!!!!!! The Library God is gonna get you. You could have recycled it so all the cheap weeping sobsisters could have had it to borrow. I hope Bucky shop lifted it at least! Dr. Phil has infinite job insurance though, just in Donny Bonnaducci alone. Hope you realize how restrained these comments are as I really find this person an abomination.

Dusti said...

Laughing at LD's restraint. Not a fan either and a NOTORIOUS re-gifter. As I start to get gifts and things around the office or wherever, I am always thinking of who I could re-gift them to! :-)

Nancy Evans said...

Oh, come on, Diva...no need to restrain yourself. I've known and loved you for too long!

Anonymous said...

Was afraid it might shock the youngins' if I let my true feeling show. Tee, hee. They seem to be getting used to your crazy friend too.