Monday, November 10, 2008

NOT VERY HAPPILY EVER AFTER


Back on July 7th, I blogged about the sick obsession Literary Diva and I had with a nutsy little show called “The Bachelorette,” where a single gal selects her Prince Charming out of 25 men who subject themselves to the demeaning process of being given the heave-ho in front of millions of viewers out there in TV land. We were hoping that the picking chick, DeAnna, would not select a cute little professional snow boarding goofball named Jesse, who had made her final two, because we thought he was just too sweet and innocent for the self-centered, demanding Dee. She chose him, of course (she called him her “soul mate”), and a wedding date was set for next May. I mused on my blog that I feared the next time I’d see them would be on “Divorce Court.”

Well, last week I raced off an email to Diva, telling her to hold on to her wedding gift because the engagement has been called off. AOL, my favorite source for all news that it is totally not newsworthy, reported that Dee had dumped her mountain man, through an online video, saying that she wasn’t in love with him anymore because they are “two different people.” Duh. No kidding. She’s reportedly headed to Hollywood to try to make it big. In what, I don’t know. Megalomania, for starters, I suspect.

The rejected Jesse recently took his broken heart onto the couple’s website to sadly report the split to the world, looking like he’d just wiped out in a snow bank. But I predict he’ll make a speedy recovery and rebound--once he realizes how lucky he is to have dodged one bitchy
“Bachelorette” bullet. There have to be plenty of other dingbats out there on the slopes who are just dying to have “an amazing journey,” as they constantly say on the reality show, and ski off into an avalanche with him.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love those shows too, but I don't think it ever works out. You can't really get to know someone in such a short amount of time.

Jaime said...

WOW! Thanks for being the gossip column, today! I followed that season so closely, Dee finally grew on me, & even though her & Jesse seemed like polar opposites, I was pulling for them. The stats for longterm relationships from that show aren't good!

I am looking forward to the next season of the Bachelor, where guy #2 for her, Jason, will be the bachelor... we'll see what a new season brings!! =0

Anonymous said...

I want Jessee back for the Bachelor. I thought Jason was manic-depressive. I mean who wouldn't turn down a guy who works will ten pm and hasn't even mussed his apartment at all in months? Plus, I am not sure I can see him cry all the time. He's driving metrosexual a little over the edge. First Biggest Loser goes all the hell and now Bachelor. What is left of the inner sanctum?