Friday, November 14, 2008

A DEVIL OF A GOOD TIME

We're back from our quick trip to Devil's Den State Park in northwest Arkansas. The hiking weather was perfect! I'm posting some pictures tonight and this weekend.

We left home as the sun was rising Thursday. I thought this was a pretty neat picture, considering it was shot through a gunky car windshield as we were motoring on US 400 at 70 mph.



Here's our Cabin At Devil's Den. It was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1936. The CCC boys would probably be amazed to know that inside their "rustic" cabin is a TV, DVD player, microwave oven, and spa tub.


This is as close as Big Bore would get to the edge of what is called "Yellow Rock" ledge.



Right after BB took this picture of me, I shot one of him. Since I'm near-sighted, I removed my glasses to take his picture, then I ran over to show him the results, which was a big mistake because I couldn't find where I'd set down my glasses and we spent the next 10 minutes looking for them among the rocks. Oops! :)



I'm ending tonight with an eerie sort of picture I took outside the cabin at dusk yesterday. The trees seem to have taken on some spooky life of their own.







2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks so pretty. You two are nature lovers and I love it. ha ha.

The sunset pic does look great, and the spooky one is a good one to bring out next halloween.

Jaime said...

WOW!!! You find the coolest little hideaways!!! That place looks gorgeous!!!

The tree pic is definitely creepy!!! I can just picture the wolves howling in the background!