Tuesday, November 18, 2008

GET OUTTA HERE


I always like to say that good ol’ Mama Bore is the one to blame for my lack of anything resembling a homemaking skill. When I was a kid, my typical after-school routine consisted of sitting down at the kitchen table to down a cinnamon roll and milk and then roaming the neighborhood until suppertime.

“Go outside and play!” was mom’s mantra because having a walking tornado like me under foot just created extra messes and more problems for her. The best thing I could do was stay the heck out of her way. Thus, I became a recreational expert. Old habits die hard, and I still tend to put housekeeping on the back burner behind going outdoors.

Thankfully, Big Bore and the cats are not all that picky. As long as I clean out the litter boxes every day, they don’t complain too much. Cleanliness is not really next to godliness. It’s being outside, sucking in the fresh air, lifting my face to the warm sun, and saying, “What a beautiful day!”

May your Tuesday be touched by a little bit of the great outdoors.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not going outside here today. Snow, blowing snow, and more snow. I think we are suppose to see the sun tomorrow afternoon then its more snow. Gotta love the frozen tundra!

Sarah said...

It is cold out there, but I will enjoy the mad dashes to the car and in to my house. ;)

Jaime said...

Now, that's a great mantra!

(yours', not mama bore's ;)

Anonymous said...

We went onto an overlook at about 6,500 ft and read in the 72 degree sunshine. It has been gorgeous here for weeks. Went swimming tonight and it was only 56 then, so a pretty fine day.

Clutter drives me berzerk!! I do what I can and hubby helps an enourmous amount but I still need the assistance of illegal aliens on a regular basis. I have been known to trade Algebra, English and Social Studies help for housework. Acutal dirt doesn't bother me but I have to have clean surfaces or my blood pressure will not go down. I can't sleep if their is dirty laundry or dishes over my head for the next day. Thus, I don't sleep much, tee hee. Hang in there with grabbing gusto outdoors. Even if a sunroof or mall is in our future soon.