Friday, November 28, 2008

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Yesterday when I was out walking off my turkey and pumpkin pie (Big Bore, fortunately, spared me from pigging out on dressing by leaving it off the menu), I came across a wrestling tournament program while doing laps at the school track. I like looking at such rosters because there are usually some oddball names or spellings to be found, which either amuses or intrigues me.

This one had a Karter with a K instead of a C, a Nollan with an extra L, and a Tray with an A instead of an E. Then there were some names I’d never heard before: Seb, Drey, Abron, Brogan, and Rakan. But the hands-down winner of the strange names belonged to a coach from Emporia. His first name was good ol’ John, but it was followed by (get ready for this) that ever-popular last name: Keosybounheauang.

How much do you wanna bet that everyone at school just calls him Coach K?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

First what the heck are you doing up so early? I am getting ready for my motherinlaw to pick me up for crazy shopping time.

Those names are pretty interesting. I might have to save some for baby #2. But not the coach. I wonder where he is from.

Jaime said...

Wow! Now, that's a last name!