Friday, November 21, 2008

REACHING MY OUTER LIMITS

By now I should know better, but once again America On Line has sucked me in with one of its ridiculous headlines. “Alien Creatures Invade Utah Lake” it read. Wow! I always love a good alien creature invasion story to get my juices flowing, so I clicked on the link and eagerly awaited the big scoop.

Of course, what I got was the usual letdown. It was a lame story about zebra mussels. Good grief! We’ve had those ornery mollusks in lakes around here for ages. I would hardly label them “alien creatures.” A pain in the ass, maybe, but certainly not from outer space. Damn. Just a close encounter of the stupid kind for The Flaming Bore.

I’m so humiliated at falling for yet another misleading lead that I feel like creating my own headline. It will read: “Disappointed Bitch Creature Invades AOL Office.” Be sure to check it out. The story that goes with it should be sensational!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With that headline and going into AOL office looking like your clip art, that will definitely make for a great story!! Keep us updated on the progress!! LOL

Sarah said...

Oh man I sure would read that one too. You know better than to get sucking into those silly headlines. ;)

Nancy Evans said...

I love the clip art. It reminds me so much of MEEEEEEEE!!!

Anonymous said...

I was on rage juice today. the hospital I am speaking at on Monday called today with only one little change. Instead of a 7 min. informative they now wanted Q & A so they "control the content". Good luck! #1, it was not a small change. #2, controlling me has been long sought after but seldom gained. My Physical Therapist talked me down but I am now waiting for their questions, as I'll see if my informative can cover those topics, just one samll change, I have to rewrite it all. Laverne is probably watching down on me laughing her head off. I'd storm into the AOL office with you with a brick in my hand--they probably have cement things in front to prevent us driving our cars through their plate glass windows. It's gonna be so calm on this planet when us old gals from the 60's are finally numbed out on Throaxine in the nursing homes.