Friday, January 13, 2012

IT' S THAT TIME AGAIN

Great niece Maddie called the other night with a kitty question, as she considers me to be the world authority on all things feline. After a full-blown discussion on trimming claws, she then got down to bigger business. Gulp. Deep breath. I could sense her hesitation. Here she goes: "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"

Good grief! What's the problem? Do dogs have fleas? Does a pig farm stink? Is Newt Gingrich a big, fat, windbag? YES! Of course, I want to buy some Girl Scout cookies! I have long adhered to that famous Great Auntie Motto: "On my honor, I will try to do my duty to God and my country and eat as many Girl Scout cookies as is humanly possible." Amen.

So, I ended up ordering a box each of Thanks-a-lot, Thin Mints, and Shortbread. Maddie was thrilled, although it really wasn't much of an order because.....WAIT!!! Sweet Neighbor Girl is also a scout and she, too, will be going through the same nervewracking sales routine before long. We have to save a little room in the pocketbook and stomach for her and any other little cutie who musters the courage to ring the doorbell and pitch those delicious, over-priced treats.

If you've read this blog in previous years, you know I am an equal opportunity Girl Scout cookie buyer/eater because I was mentally scarred for life when having a bazillion doors slammed in my face during my own cookie-selling days. You don't need to say a word. Just bring over your order form and let's make a deal!

No comments: