Sunday, January 29, 2012

TRIPLE WOE

College basketball fans in Kansas (like me!) are hanging their heads this morning after yesterday's whupping. I devoted over seven hours of my valuable time watching all three teams--KU, K-State, and Wichita State--go down in blazing defeat.

First, KU basically handed the game over to Iowa State, then K-State let Oklahoma come to the home court in Manhattan and squeak by with a win. The only thing enjoyable about that game was the fact that I didn't have to listen to the simpleton "Boomer Sooner" fight song over and over and over again. If you read this blog regularly, you've heard me moan about it before. Even a band of dumb dogs could play it. At least K-State's "Wabash Cannonball" fight song has more than two words and four notes.

But the saddest loss of the day went to Wichita State--who went all the way to Des Moines, Iowa only to lose in triple overtime!! Oh, the agony!

Today is Kansas Day, our state's 151st birthday, so I'm going to have to whip up some better mojo for our home teams and hope for better outcomes later in the week, AND remember what Big Bore always says when I mope around about my favorite teams losing: "Chill out. It's only a game."

No comments: