Thursday, January 26, 2012

Z IS FOR ZUMBA

Because my chiropracter advised that I "keep moving" and not let my arthritic back whip me into submission, I decided last week to enroll in Zumba. Never mind that I'm the oldest one in the class, the only one who's had back surgery, and I register a minus zero in the coordination department. It's full steam ahead. And I'm pleased to announce that after three sessions I feel like I've been run over by a train.

There are some benefits to this class, however. No one makes fun of me and we won't be having a public recital. As long as we are halfway moving to the music and show some semblance of life, as in breathing, the instructor is happy with our participation. Wooooooo!

I go back to see the chiropracter tomorrow. She may have to jack me up off the waiting room chair, but I am planning to Zumba my way into the examining room with a smile. I hope she doesn't mind the pungent aroma of Ben-Gay floating through her office.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ZUMBA is a great workout. I did it here at Butler but it was at lunch time and I was so sweaty the rest of the day.
I did love it though. ENJOY!

Nancy Evans said...

You must be quite the shaker, Sarah. I've yet to break a sweat!