Friday, January 27, 2012

JUST DO IT, HONEY

Big Bore has accomplished so many items on my Honey Do list the past few days that I fear I may have to devote brain power today towards making up a whole new list. What a dilemma.

The absolute best thing he's done this week is build a bench for the nook next to the front porch steps. I got this idea last week during the landscaping program at the Gardening Workshop. The speaker asked us what a visitor first sees when getting out of his/her car and approaching our home's front door and, egads, at Casa de la Flaming Bore it's our trash bin on rollers!!! How attractive is that? We used to have it hidden behind the spruce tree that died last summer. What made us decide to move it to the front steps? Convenience, that's what. Well, not anymore.

So, when I got back home from the workshop I told Big Bore that come spring the garbage bin was going to be moved and it would be replaced by a bench that he was going to make me and I would adorn it with pots of plants and flowers so visitors would be impressed. We have lots of recycled wood from the house across the street that's being torn down--no excuses. And he ended up making me THE BEST bench that even has a lower shelf. Perfect! My little heart is getting so excited for March to get here so he can paint my new bench, weather treat it, adorn it with greenhouse goodies and bench art, and we can greet our guests with something other than yesterday's trash.

I wish all Honey-Do's were this much fun for Big Bore to actually do. I'm not sure he's going to be quite as enthused about tackling the latest addition to the list--mopping the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

momrdr said...

Can you post a picture of it? I've been asking Bill to build one for me, maybe it will inspire him!