Monday, January 30, 2012

LOVE CALLING

"Ding-Dong!!"

Good grief! Here it was Sunday morning, and I was still stumbling around in my jammies, eyes watering, hair flying, trying to wake up with a cup of hot tea. Who can be at the door? I'll give you one guess.

"Happy Valentines!!!" Sweet Neighbor Girl and Trouble #1 were all dressed in their ready-to-go-to church clothes, holding four valentines they'd made for Big Bore and me. Never mind that it's not even February yet. But how can you be grumbly-mumbly at those smiles?

"Come on in."

It was the first of three visits of the day from SNG, who was obviously bored out of her gourd on this lazy Sunday, which was fine with me because reading DIARY OF A WIMPY KID and painting rocks and wood outdoors kept me from having do any housework that I didn't really want to do in the first place.

Once Big Bore got finished with hanging a door in the basement, he took us to the horseshoe pit for a game of "Girls versus Man." Man won, 22-5. Besides being triumphant for a change, BB was happy, as was I, to have with us an enthusiastic "horseshoe picker-upper." After each round, she'd run ahead of us and retrieve the shoes--saving all that back-bending work we old folks dread. She acted like it was fun, but that's what I call LOVE!

No comments: