Friday, February 15, 2008

BEATING CABIN FEVER





Big Bore and I decided the best way to treat our cabin fever was to rent an actual cabin overnight at nearby Toronto Lake and do some hiking. It was just what the doctor ordered! We had a beautiful front porch view of the water, went on three different hiking trails, played cards, listened to music, talked, laughed, danced, and ate ourselves silly.

My favorite hiking trail was the last one we took this afternoon, Overlook Trail. It was rocky, still icy in places, up and down. Being a nature boy, Big Bore liked identifying trees, birds, nuts, animal tracks, you name it. Me--I enjoyed trying to get us lost off the trail, which didn't take much effort. It is safe to say that had I been hiking alone, I'd still be trying to find my way back to the car.

I'm ready to do this again!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic. Our recent trip gave us both a lift. Has been in the 50's and 60's here for two weeks but I am aware winter is far from over. What a fun time you had. Sounds like the Big Germ had fun too.

Nancy Evans said...

Well, I'd say your trip was much more "exotic" than our 25 miles to Toronto, but a boost, nonetheless. Yeah, Big Bore felt like he was a Boy Scout again. Now, he's talking about 10 mile hikes with backpacks. Hmmm. He'd better find himself a troop to lead!

Dusti said...

Glad you enjoyed Toronto Lake! You're making me homesick and giving me Spring Fever both! :-)

Nancy Evans said...

Dusti---Do your parents still live in the same house? Sorry I made you homesick. :(