Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CABIN FEVER REVISITED


Monday was such a warm, beautiful Kansas winter day--how could it change so quickly? Last night I awakened to flashes and rumbling--and they weren't my bodily functions. How could we be having a thunderstorm in February? It rained and rained and rained, let up a bit during the day, and now it's raining again. The sump pump is in overdrive, as is my cabin fever. Twice today, I pretended it was summer and ate ice cream. Perhaps tomorrow I will put on my swimsuit, drive down to the swimming pool, and sigh.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your so funny. I would like to see you in your swim suit, banging down the door to the pool.

Nancy Evans said...

Yeah, me in my snow shoes and string bikini. Let me in!!!!! Would I get arrested for trespassing or indecency???

Anonymous said...

Now, I, on the other hand, have put on my swim suit every single day since April 7th, 2007 and gone down to the pool at the hospital and water walked. The 82 degree water doesn't really feel that warm when it is 13 degrees outside here, but I still am doing it. That is most of me! Somewhere along the line, 60 pounds of me has dissappeared. The fat must be floating away. OK, it is an indoor pool!