Monday, February 4, 2008

TEACHING THE TEACHER


Awhile ago, a former student called to ask if he could come over tonight and brainstorm ideas for the Comp. II class he is taking at the nearby community college, on-line. I got him through Comp. I last semester, so bring it on, baby!! This time, however, he doesn't know that I have an ulterior motive. I bought a new All-in-One printer/scanner today and...drum roll...he's going to get to set it up for me. Of course, he doesn't know this yet, but I'm sure we can strike a deal!!! As long as he gets home in time for the KU basketball game, everyone will be happy. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so happy you are still using your students to do your scut work!! Once a teacher. aways a teacher.

I think Kayle Maxwell is reading our blogs as she emailed me that the link helps her get around faster.Anyway, she has been enjoying them.

Tomorrow is Super Tuesday but the real landmark occaision is my Kindle is supposed to arrive!! I did all my house work and catch up today so I wouldn't have to feel so guility when I do nothing but play with it tomorrow.

I will then be able to give you book reveiws based only on the first chapter of a book, since that is all that is free. I will hae read more first chapters of books than anyone alive. I wonder if other people review books based on that?? I sometimes suspect so!

Nancy Evans said...

Hey there, Diva! Yeah, while the boy was here and I was reading his assignment, he got everything up and running for me. We got his brainstorming done and everyone was happy. I am interested in how you like reading with the Kindle. Can you scan with it as quickly as you can scan with a book in your hand?