Sunday, April 13, 2008

A BEAN BLOG



In the Flaming Bore household, Big Bore is the cook. Today he is making good ol' Beanie Weanies, a stove-top gourmet Sunday Special. Mmmmm-mmm! Smells good, tastes good, and oh-so-good for you. I don't know what special ingredients he plops in the pot, and I don't care. Just ladle up a bowl and I'll lap it up. He says if I want to sing Hawaiian, he'll add pineapple chunks. If I care to speak German, he'll toss in some sauerkraut. Hmmm, I think that's his attempt at bean humor.


I hate grocery shopping, but Big Bore considers his trips to the supermarket to be adventures of the highest degree. He pours over the weekly sales flyers, plotting out the best deals, comparing prices, mentally making out menus. He buys in bulk, as if an army lived here instead of two people. Whenever there's a bargain on beans, with none of this "Limit 2 cans please" crap in small print, he's off to the races. Watch out, Van Camps, here he comes! The Beanie Weanie King is in the building.


I'm ready for seconds. My colon wishes you a nice day.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always love warm, nice day, well wishes from colons. They are the best!! Nothing like 'em.

Sarah said...

Yummy, Now I want some! I can never get enough beans

Anonymous said...

There must be about only three thought patterns in the whole world. I made black bean soup with chicken/apples sausages in it yesterday! Light the insense for tomorrow. Rod is taking care of Frankie, so I am going with Ron to Ca. Something needs to jell soon.