Wednesday, April 2, 2008

READY, SET, PULL!!


It's that time of the year when I start my hate affair with dandelions. Ever since I retired and have nothing else better to do, I've waged war against this pesky enemy. I don't mess with chemicals, preferring to get up close and personal, on hands and knees (combat position), pulling out those evil weeds with my handy-dandy deluxe dandelion yanker.


It always amazes me how quickly they pop up out of nowhere. One day, no dandelions--the next day there they are, shaking their nasty yellow heads at me. I get out my yanker and dive into the lawn, performing an emergency dandelion-ectomy. It' a dirty job, and I love to do it.


I inspect the yard almost every day. Once I'm done digging up our infected turf, if I have any energy left, I check and attack our neighbors' yards. I don't want their dandelions to turn to seed and then blow into my yard. No, no, no! Prevention is the key! Once I have totally eradicated the dandelions, it will about be time for bag worms. The Yard Guard never gets a break!


No comments: