Thursday, June 26, 2008

KISS MY GRASS


At long last! The sodding is done! Out with the mud pit; in with the fescue. I would personally like to thank Big Bore and the scrawny kid from The Sod Shop for their heavy lifting while I worthlessly stood around, thinking to myself that there is an advantage to having had back surgery 10 years ago....mainly, I do nothing while other people do all the work.

Actually, my rigorous job has just begun. I am Water Girl. This means overseeing an H2O regimen five times a day for the next two weeks. I'll turn on the spigot, move the hose around, and, well, that's about it. I hope I am up to the challenge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and the distlefink ain't bad either. I have four colors of delphiniums blooming right now. JUst brought in a big bouquet of glads and the dells today as the smoke is so bad we can't go outdoors.

Nancy Evans said...

AH, A "DISTLEFINKER", HUH?! I HAVE FIVE PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HEX SIGNS IN THE BACKYARD TO BREAK THE MONOTONY OF THE PRIVACY FENCE. I'VE NEVER TRIED GROWING GLADIOLAS BUT LOVE TO LOOK AT THEM...MAYBE NEXT YEAR. RIGHT NOW I'M THINKING ABOUT PLANTING SOME PUMPKIN SEEDS SO I CAN HAVE A LITTLE JACK-O-LANTERN READY TO CARVE IN MY YARD BY OCTOBER.

Sarah said...

Looks good.

Dusti said...

:-) I'm sure the hardest part will be keeping yourself dry in the process!