Friday, June 27, 2008

WATERLOGGED

The Flaming Bore is not so sure what’s getting soaked more….the newly-sodded backyard or the Official Water Girl Ensemble: tank top and shorts. It is likely a toss-up. Yesterday I kept trying to figure out a technique that would keep me drier, other than wearing a raincoat and carrying an umbrella, but nothing worked. Fortunately the backyard is surrounded by a privacy fence, so no one got the mistaken idea that I’m practicing for the next Old Ladies Gone Wild wet t-shirt contest. I thought that maybe today I’d just wear my swimsuit, a pair of goggles and flippers and go with the flow, but rain blessed us (again) overnight so perhaps Mother Nature has temporarily solved my problem.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good ol rain saved the day. TODAY. ;)

Unknown said...

Heard you guys were getting lots and lots of rain..Thank goodness for you it takes the place of your job, who knows, maybe the neighbors were enjoying the free show!!

Anonymous said...

My husband had over two acres sodded in Wisconsin and then left on a trip and I watered that stuff for weeks!! I had to go buy hoses and a little tractor that crawled the hoses and sprinkled it but that still only did a section. Was beautiful though for years afterward. Prepare for an enormous water bill also. The stuff drinks like a sailor. My problem was shoes and I fell flat on my butt a few times when the sod squares moved on the underlying slick mud. Since then I have always seeded and small areas that I am up to taking care of. At least you are staying cool.

Dusti said...

lol. I told ya!