Sunday, June 1, 2008

TAKE TWO ASPIRIN.....




The Flaming Bore has been blog-less recently, as Mama Bore was in the hospital for a few days reeling from an inner ear condition. Once she got home, I stayed on to be her gofer/gardener. Fortunately big brother Beans brought daily meals on wheels, since he is a chef supreme who knows that my cooking would have made Mom more nauseous than she already was. I am happy to report that she is feeling better.


Although I knew Big Bore could take care of himself in my absence and would remember to water the yard and feed the cats, there was one chore he would be certain to conveniently overlook. He does not do litter boxes. Never has; never will. His idea of tending to the two "depositories" on our back porch is to keep throwing on the litter, hoping that maybe the problem will go away on its own. This was the longest I'd ever been away from him and the cats, so I was prepared for the shock. I'll spare my gentle readers the description but will say that all four babies were overjoyed to see me come to their rescue. I swear I heard poor Critter meow out, "Hallelujah! She's back!"

Between the overflowing litter boxes and the bills that arrived in the mail while I was gone, I think I'm about ready to call 911 and check in at the hospital. I'm beginning to feel a little woozy.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad mama bore is feeling better. Your a good daughter. That is funny how he won't do that. Jeremy didn't until I got pregnant, then he had to cause you can't when your preggers. I have never taken on the job since ;) Only a few times he has complained, but I don't mind if he keeps the job.

Nancy Evans said...

Geesh---maybe you should get pregnant again just to force Jeremy back into full-time litter duty!!

Dusti said...

Glad your mom is doing better amd had family to help her recover. :-) Enjoy all the kitty cat love and attention now that you're home and they're so thankful!