Wednesday, June 18, 2008

NEWS FLASH


In case you've been living in a cave this week and haven't heard, California has passed a law allowing gay marriages. Big deal. I'm one of these people who pretty much adheres to the "to each his/her own" policy, so it takes a lot to get my panties bunched up in a wad. Gay marriages don't upset me. Neither do gay divorces. I figure I have more important matters to worry about, like paying my bills, being a decent person, and solving the daily word jumble. I know it sounds selfish and lazy, but if a situation doesn't pertain to me, especially sexual ones, I'll typically keep my nose out of it. If two people of the same gender want to marry, who am I to say they can't?


Big Bore and I were discussing California's law during the TV news yesterday. We don't think it would ever fly in Kansas. Too conservative. Not enough gay registered voters to garner the support needed. If it ever did come to a vote, I'd probably just pass. Heck, I haven't even decided who to vote for president yet. I'm still pondering each candidate's platform and am waiting for one or the other to make a major screw up that will be the decisive moment....like, maybe, McCain challenging Obama to a duel, or something of that nature. During the primaries, I kept hoping Hillary would dump Bill, come out of the closet, and marry a lesbian lover, just to shake things up a bit, but no such luck. Now THAT would have been news!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That would have been some heavy stuff to digest had Hilary done that.. Wouldn't have surprised me though!!

No, I do not have a Dora swimsuit. It didnt look good with my hair!! And yes, it would be nice if we all could feel great on the same day!! I have had this stuff for a week now and its getting really old!! Hope you are feeling better. Still haven't gotten the pics from Cindy yet so I am waiting too!!

Sarah said...

Yikes Hilary could have started something there. I agree. If it doesn't pertain to me, I don't worry about it. Freedom!

Anonymous said...

George Takai was the first one in line to get married at the courthouse in Hollywood! Having just finished Shatner's autobiogrpahy, I believe Takai is more faithful than Shatner, who has had five marriages to date. Statistics show that gay marriages last much longer than heterosexual marriages. I think this was necessary in California for same sex spouses to get necessary rights of hospital visitation, health insurance, inheritance rights, etc. California is the second state to do so. Perhaps the whole definition of "family" needs to be reevaluated. AFter living in San Francisco's East Bay for 13 years, I have yet to see abuse in a gay marriage to the extent of acceptibility in most different sex marriages. When can we all just learn to accept the differences in people?

But, yes, I would have paid money to watch Hillary hook up with anyone who would make her happy.

Tara: my 3 year old Grandgirl has Dora panties, dress, shoes, sleeping bag with pillow, colorbook, DVD's, purse and temporary tatoos!!

Unknown said...

Diva,
My daughter who is not quite two is addicted to Dora. Her room is Dora-fied. She sleeps with her dora, takes a bath with her dora crocs, and even shares her snacks with her doras. Its amazing how quickly she has become attached to Dora. We have tons of Dora stuff!! Nice to know its not going to end anytime soon!!