Thursday, July 3, 2008

A BLOOMIN' GREAT DAY!

(Zinnia from the Flaming Bore garden)

The Flaming Bore is officially one year older!! Now, when I was a kid I considered age 30 to be Geezer-Hood. With passing birthdays, however, the geezer milestone has been elevated--first to 40, then 50, and now….75. That gives me a bit more wiggle room to remain immature.


I have a wonderful day planned. First, water the flowers, take care of the cats, have breakfast, read the newspaper…hmmm, it’s beginning to sound like every day. But then I will take some of my birthday money from Mama Bore, walk downtown to the local gift shop, and buy myself a candle and a bracelet…something stretchy with beads just like I usually make when I’m feeling crafty. I already have a treasure chest full of bracelets, but one can never have enough.


Big Bore wished me a Happy Birthday and gave me a big smooch before he took off to work at 5:30 AM. When he gets home this afternoon, I will give him a gentle reminder that a trip to the garden shop is in order. After all, we wouldn’t want him to forget that all gals, no matter how old they are, love flowers, even if their yard is already full of them. I will then bust open a Little Debbie cake, scoop up some ice cream, make a wish, and call it a day. I can’t wait to get it started!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are right a girl can never have enough bracelets, just ask Kenley!! My mom got her loving bracelets and lets just say its not going to stop anytime soon. Bracelets and shoes, sounds like a great combination addiction!!

Enjoy your day and get back those flowers he stomped on for your bday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy yourself. and have a quiet 4th.

dr. maureen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ya old fart!!! i'm drinking a beer in your honor!!

if only i could get "happy birthday, aunt nancy" on a scoreboard at Royals stadium again!!! those were the days

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You ae now the boss in every decision that is unimportant anyway, since you are officially older than me, for a little while!! another unhealthy air day here. Has been NG since June 21st! I swam for the first time in quite a few years yesterday. I mean like in laps!! Was so thrilled. Pop, boom, bust tomorrow. At least hope it's nothing memorable like when the big flaming shards of stuff from the stadium used to threaten to set our garages on fire.

Nancy Evans said...

OH, THAT'S RIGHT! IF THE WIND WAS FROM THE SOUTH, THE CRAP CAME OUR WAY. I REMEMBER GETTING HIT IN THE HEAD ONCE AND FEARFUL THAT MY HAIR WAS ON FIRE!