Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CAT'S IN THE CRADLE (is it really a song by Harry Chapin?)


Lately I’ve come across magazine and newspaper articles about cougars. No, not the cat kind, but, according to these writers, older women who go gaga for younger men. I guess I started becoming a cougar, by their definition, when I was in college. I have never dated a man my age or older since I was 18, passing off this preference to my chronic immaturity. I didn’t know I was being a trendsetter.

My ex- husband was four years younger than I, and the current live-in chef/gardener is six years younger. Age wasn’t/isn’t an issue with either. I keep waiting for Big Bore to tell old lady jokes, but he has yet to develop any in his repertoire. Next year, however, I will be 60. If he decides to start bragging about his younger status, I’ll have just one word for him….ROAR! And then I’ll reveal my fangs, pull out my claws, and go for the jugular! That’s the real reason why we’re called cougars!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so funny. and I have always loved how they call hot older women who date yonger men cougars.
Roar.

Dusti said...

You deserve a roar! And, I'll be waiting for my invite to your 60th birthday kegger party! hehehe. :-)

Anonymous said...

OK, it is my first day being 59! I never dated anyone much that was not older but my hubbie is only 6 mos older at that.

Nancy Evans said...

Yeah, Diva, you always went for those older guys!!

dr. maureen said...

i knew there was a reason you liked the big cats!!!

you'll be the next Georgia O'Keefe (do you know what i'm referring to??)

Nancy Evans said...

Hmmm.guess I don't know what you're referring to with Georgia. I know she married an older dude who photographed her in the nude. Did she toss a cougar on him?? Paint a desert cougar? Do tell!