Thursday, July 10, 2008

TAKING A DIP


I’ve never been much of a water baby. Pools are too cold. Rivers and lakes and ponds are rocky and muddy and filled with too many creepy crawlers and they, too, can be c…c…cold, as demonstrated by the Flaming Bore above, when just a little spark. Oceans are too dangerous…waves once almost pulled me off into the deep blue sea while I tried to rescue a wayward inner tube. Plus I don’t care for sharks all that much. Or jellyfish. What I do enjoy, though, is a nice hot bubbly bath. No frostbite. No snakes and turtles nipping at my toes. No “Jaws.” No undertows. No one around checking out my cellulite. So relaxing. If I had a bigger backyard, I’d buy a hot tub and live in it. Big Bore could bring me the newspaper and serve me meals while I soaked all day. Heavenly! I’d buy one of those plastic, blow-up pillows for extra comfort and turn on the jets full blast so my back and feet could get a full-force massage. Ahhhh! Wonderful! I get all goosey just thinking about it.
.........Guess I’d better get back to reality and go clean out the litter boxes that are waiting for me. Then there's the trash to haul to the curb and the trip to the recycle center and all the yardwork to do.
....If nothing else, I hope you get to THINK about having a soothing day!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bubble baths are heavenly!! I love all water, well except for the ocean. Salt water does a number on eyes with contacts stuck to them!! Have a soothing relaxing day!! You should think about getting a blow up portable hot tub. THey make them, some friends have one...Look into it, it would be a treat!!

Sarah said...

Jeremy's folks have a hot tub, and it is wonderful. We don't use it enough. That is what you need to do, is find a friend who has one you can mooch off of. ;)

I love all water too. Enjoy your house and yard duties, then take a hot bubble bath tonight. Ahhhhh.

Anonymous said...

Let me see, there is the jacuzzi in the backyard in our California house, there is the huge tub in my bathroom and there is the jacuzzi at the gym. I am usually in one of them. A jacuzzi a day drives the troubles away. It is the best thing about the California lifestyle. We had one in the house in Chicago and the house in Wisconsin. I am indeed spoiled! These are the precious things in life. Or are those grandchildren?? It is a toss up which is more fun! By the way, put a little epsom salts, baking soda and lavender oil in your regular old bathtub with hot water and it's pretty fine too. Also detoxs your body.