Saturday, April 18, 2009

FEELING SLUGGISH?

Later this morning I’m driving to Andover to attend some one-time only, free exercise classes-- compliments of the community college there. Pilates, Turbo Kick, and Zumba are on my schedule. I’m hoping my body will enjoy at least one of them, so I can purchase a DVD or two and conduct my own secretive workout sessions in the privacy of Casa de la Flaming Bore. If not, I will just turn into a slug. A sorry….sad….slow….slug.

And, speaking of slow, I’m still working toward re-starting a jogging regimen. On March 20th, I wrote that I’d be able to jog a mile non-stop, slowly, very slowly, by May 1, and three miles non-stop, slowly, very slowly, by my 60th birthday in July. Right now I’m up to 1/2 mile non-stop and can do three miles going 6 blocks jog, two blocks walk, 6 blocks jog, two miles walk, etc. Slowly, very slowly. Remember how Superman is described as “faster than a speeding bullet!”? Well, I’m faster than a speeding slug!

3 comments:

shainapearce.com said...

I should look into a class like those after today with the cupcakes. They are my new favorite way to indulge. I'm sad to be leaving behind my good friend who makes them - who WON'T share the recipe!

Jaime said...

You could also say faster than a speeding Jaime!

I like Pilates, good for the core, but not too exciting! I LOVE TurboKick! .... & I discovered Zumba is for those who are very coordinated from the waist down; this rules me out.... GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

I'll stick with my water walking thank you. I do enjoy sessions with my trainer on balance and range of motion for my old frozen shoulders too. The trainer laughs his head off at my recent trials with balance and my new diabetes injections, Byetta. He said he couldn't imagine my balance getting WORSE!!! Come to find out there is a chemical that declines starting at age 35 that controls balance in the brain. Obviously, I produce little to none of this chemical. I don't mind the dottering but the falling is NG. Hang in there with the exercise. It is the only way!!