Friday, April 17, 2009

OVERS!!!!


My day didn't begin the way I wanted, so I had to quickly call, "Overs!" and get it back on track. You remember "Overs!" don't you? It's what you yelled when you were a kid playing jacks with your friends, and you didn't like the miserable configuration you'd been left with when you'd tossed the metal jacks out onto the sidewalk. They would be stacked too closely together to give you a fair chance of getting safely through your "ones-ies" or "twos-ies" or whatever level you were on. "Overs!" Swipe those suckers back up fast and try again!

So, when I woke up this morning, shuffled into the living room, stumbled over Big Bore's Sponge Bob foam pillow that Little Bit drags around, turned on TV, and heard the blaring introduction to, you guessed it, the infernal "Sponge Bob Square Pants," show on Nickelodeon (BB's favorite), well, I had to call, "Overs!" I quickly switched to my beloved rock music channel, tossed the pillow on BB's easy chair, went back to the kitchen to fix some green tea, and re-started the day.

Now, I can't stand the taste of green tea but, for some reason, it seems to like me. Since I started drinking it in January, my clicky tinnitus has calmed down considerably and my use of the seizure medication for my ear muscle has, likewise, been reduced significantly. So I drink three cups a day and put on a happy face. I feel like I now have a new lease on life--my own, personal "Overs!"

Go out and have yourself a merry little TGI-Friday and remember: If you mess up something the first time round, don't give up. Breathe deeply, smile your goofiest Sponge Bob smile, and just... start over!




3 comments:

Sarah said...

I will have to use your OVERS sometime. I have needed a few OVERS lately..

Have a great Friday.

Unknown said...

I am going to take your advice. OVERS!! lol

When playing with my nephews, we always play pokeman cards, we call CHOOSE-IES. lol

You get to choose any card. lol

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

We call "Overs!" the "Nevada Way". We are usually reffering to construction, as when they screw up building your condo or the local middle school and you drive by and they are starting over, yet again. It's like "cut four times, measure none".