Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MOVE IT!!

The free exercise classes I took last Saturday were a blast, although the next day I sorta felt like I’d been hit with a wrecking ball. Here’s the lowdown:

Turbo Kick--My early years battling with Brother Beans prepared me well for this class. He was always kicking my ass! There was actually more punching than kicking--punch, jab, uppercut--man, I got into it. At one point I was in such a zoned-out groove that I imagined myself to be a professional boxer. Outta my way, sucka! Bam!

Pilates--Holy crap! I’m about as flexible as a bar of iron. I can see where these exercises would be great for strengthening my back and stomach muscles, what’s left of them. Some of the stretching felt really good, but other moves were murder on my back and neck. And I was so stupid--when the instructor said, “Feel that burn in the back of your thigh?” I said, “No, not really,” so she came over to get me in the proper pilates position. “Oh, yeah! I’m feelin’ it now, baby!”

Zumba--This was the class I liked the least, mainly because it sort of requires a sense of rhythm and dancing and moving the hips and booty in ways my hips and booty have never moved before. Half the time I was just watching the instructor, trying to get the steps down pat. About all I could really do well was the marching. The other thing I didn’t like about it was the music. I’m not much for the Latin melodies, except for an occasional Santana. I’ll pass on this one.

After I got home Saturday, I planted over 100 flowers, so my body was ready for a good night’s sleep before we took off for Arkansas the next day. Two nights in a tent and one day of hiking. More on that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

OK sounds like you need a hot tub. :) that is more activity than I do in a week.
can't wait to hear about your camp out.

Unknown said...

Do you ever relax?? lol Turbo kick sounds fun, somewhat like kick boxing I think. The others ones, well I'm not coordinated enough to figure them out. Can't wait to see pics from the camping and the flowering.

Anonymous said...

My DIL loves Pilates. I have a 91 year old neighbor who does it!!! All that stretching is really good for you.