Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GETTING IN GEAR

Big Bore and I are planning a little camping trip back to Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas later this month, weather permitting, and he has started making a list of everything he wants to pack. Being the old Eagle Scout, he is hyper organized about this task, like it's some scientific process that requires the utmost precision and skill. Me, I'd just throw a bunch of crap in the car trunk and go.

Actually, I'm quite an experienced camper and, if the truth be told, I've probably spent more nights in a tent than he has--in fact, I've set up stakes in 47 states, but I'm letting on like I don't know the difference between a sleeping bag and a bag of beans. It's more fun that way. He gets to think he's important and do all the work, while I can stand around and do nothing. It's called "division of labor."

T-minus 12 days and counting before blast-off!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys will have a great time!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Here is an explaination of the ram. I tried to send it in an email but my email is all wacko.
http://www.unc.edu/about/traditions.html

Sarah said...

OH I love camping!!! I can't wait for us to get our crap together and go out on our first trip. I am a planner for camping too, I make lists and start packing days ahead...it just run in the family. :)

Have a great time. can't wait to hear all about it.