Thursday, January 6, 2011

FEELING CRAFTY

These cold winter mornings should be a good reason to do housework since I'm not outside gardening, but no-no-no. I must search around for something FUN to do--even if it is inside. After hitting up Hobby Lobby a few days ago, I've been plotting how to throw together a cat wreath. It's not done, but I've gotten this far (above). A work in progress. It shall be ready by spring for its formal public unveiling on the front porch.

We did all our running around this morning, too--ending with recycling. I hit a mini-jackpot and found three little cobalt blue bottles in the glass bin that I can use for our bottle tree. You know the old saying about one man's trash being someone else's treasure. I placed them at the top of the bottle tree this afternoon. Our step ladder isn't tall enough, so I just rigged up my own contraption for elevation--a galvanized wash tub and our trash bin--and, voila! It's a wonder I didn't lose my balance and become a customer for 9-1-1, but I ordered Big Bore to stand by and pick up the pieces, which, luckily, he didn't have to do.

The Flaming Bore loves promoting "fine" arts.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

love the bottle tree!
my contraption for getting to higher places involves a kitchen chair and my thick old English and American Lit books from college. true "higher education."

Nancy Evans said...

M---I can hear Scott yelling, "Timber!!" when you're trying to balance on those lit books.--Did you ever have the pleasure of witnessing Dr. Teller balancing on his desk while waxing poetic at Pitt?