Monday, January 3, 2011

WILL YOU ACCEPT THIS SHOW?

Man, do I ever have a decision of monumental importance to make by 7 o'clock tonight! It's Round 15 of "The Bachelor" and I'm not so sure I want to tune in for the AMAZING drama this time around, like I have stupidly done for the previous 14 rounds.

You see, the brilliant producers of ABC have brought back Round 11's biggest loser, Brad Womack, who turned down all 25 gals from his first time around. He's no prize, himself. Just average looking, with the personality of a wet dish rag--one that's been sitting in the sink for a few weeks and smells stale. Plus, he's from Texas. That's an automatic red flag right from the start. Why do I want to torture myself and watch him again?

Well, ABC thinks we doubters will tune in because the network has been showing "teases" the past week or so that have one of the girls slapping ol' Brad's face upon their introduction and others berating him for being such a louse during his first appearance on the show. Surely all the once-spurned gals out in TV Land will want to see him get his comeuppance. Right? Haven't we all wanted to put down some jerk who once jerked us around? Of course, we have!

To his defense, Brad has said he's really ready to commit this time. He's been in years of therapy since his last hurrah and has been cured of being an ass. He really wants to get married. Good for him. But do I want to spend the next three months or whatever watching him feed his ego? Big Bore doesn't think so. He thinks Brad should go on "Survivor" and see how long it takes before he wimps out there.

I'm checking out the TV Guide, hoping to find something that is more worthwhile to do tonight than watch ol' Brad try to convince us that he's not just in this for more publicity. Right now, "American Chopper" and "Dogs 101" are looking mighty promising. One thing for sure: doing housework is out of the question. Stay tuned.









1 comment:

Luellen said...

I had to tune in! I haven't seen every season, but most of them. My mom & I like to rehash and talk about our favorites every Tuesday. : ) It's our guilty pleasure - making fun of the crazy people who go on national TV.